Review of Timeline
Cycle 1 will begin on December 17, 2012 and end on January 25, 2013
Cycle 2 will begin on January 28, 2013 and end on February 15, 2013
Group members will brainstorm in a collaborative technical environment utilizing Cacoo and Google Hangouts. Tasks will be assigned and tracked in Asana. Team members will need to join each application. Team members will accept or decline tasks (reasons given/accepted by leader/moderator dependent upon communication). Notes will be taken as well as observation. The team(s) will be able to come together and finish a project as a collaborative effort.
Cycle 1 – December 17, 2012 through January 25, 2013
- I will be utilizing an Advisory 8th grade classroom via the Internet from Fort Myers, Florida to West Middle School in Nampa, Idaho – confirmed
- The Audio/Visual Release form and Rubric will be handed out and returned one week prior to implementation of the AR Project implementation – handed out to students before break, awaiting return.
- The 8th graders will have an introduction to facilitator(s) in class and through Google+ Hangout – scheduled for the week of January 14, 2013.
- A pre collaboration survey as well as pretests on Asana and Cacoo will be given to the students. scheduled for the week of January 14, 2013.
- They will then view the Prezi and Screenflows on creating accounts in Asana and Cacoo – scheduled for the week of January 14, 2013.
- Through Cacoo, the students will interact in real-time on the smart board and collaborate with each other. With facilitator on Google+ Hangouts. The students in their specified groups (chosen beforehand) will each in turn come up to the smart board to add to the brainstorming activity regarding the proposed project, utilizing multiple intelligences including physical, visual, auditory, interpersonal and naturalization. – scheduled for the week of January 21, 2013
- After completion of the Mind Mapping practice, a print out of the final outcome will be given to students. Formative feedback and reflection on the software, collaboration and process will be asked and received. Video, as well as screen shots, pictures and audio will be utilized to document the process – scheduled for the week of January 21, 2013
Cycle 2 – January 28, 2013 through February 15, 2013
The students will then take their mind maps that were created in Cacoo and begin to implement the tasks into Asana. After developing and assigning tasks, the students will begin to work on the proposed project. The project(s) will be completed and presented to entire class with facilitator in attendance through Google+ Hangouts. Video, as well as screen shots, pictures and audio will be utilized to document the process. The post tests and a Post collaboration survey will be given. Interviews (group and individual) will take place. A transcription of interviews will be placed into Google Docs. The surveys and tests will be compared and processed through coding, graphs and charts for final summarization of the AR project.
Where Are We?
I believe I am still on target to complete both implementation activities. Potential hurdles will include time frames ebtween Fort Myers, FL and Nampa, ID, work schedules and attendance of students which is consistently being worked out.
Each portion of the implementation phases should only take 2-3 class periods during the week scheduled to get all phases completed. I should be completed with all implementation before month 9.