Making Money as an Author – Selling What You Write
There are more ways than ever to become a published author…and more ways than ever to make money at it. Join Southwest Florida Score on August 11, 2016 at Keiser University from 6 pm to 8 pm. This 2 hour workshop covers the opportunities available to every author. From books to articles to ghostwriting to copywriting, you will learn the techniques and tips to help you earn more money as a writer. Whether you want to make your mark as a traditionally published author or join the growing ranks of those earning income as an independent publisher, we’ll show you how.
Parking is free. There is a $10.00 registration fee for materials and handouts. Select PayPal payment option to pay with regular credit card or PayPal account.
Topics Covered Include:
- What is the state of the market today. What’s selling, who’s buying, and where are they?
- The good and bad truth about being an income-seeking writer. Writing, publishing, marketing, and promotion have all changed, learn how you must change, too.
- What are the best topics with the biggest demand to write about.
- Why everyone needs an editor and why you cannot edit your work by yourself.
- Why you must be prepared to market your own work…even if you want to publish traditionally
- How to know if you need an author’s platform website and what to include in it if you do
- Why the hucksters who promise big money as an author overnight are (mostly) wrong
- How to price your work?
- Why your skills as a writer are not enough and what else you need to do to make money writing
- The Gold Rush Syndrome and what it means for you as a writer
All these things and more are included in the value-packed 2 hour workshop.
Jack Dunigan is a published author, internet marketer and blogger, He has 30 years of experience as a trainer and consultant with clients in non-profit agencies, tribal governments and small and larger businesses. He also has 10 years of experience as owner and operator of the 3rd largest millwork company in the Caribbean islands. Jack has a Bachelor of Arts Degree, Theology, San Bernardino Bible College, Colton, California; Certificate of Course Completion, Counseling, Christian Counseling Education Foundation; Master’s Degree, Religious Education, International Christian Seminary, Plymouth, Florida and a Certificate of Honorable Course Completion, Spanish Language, El Colegio de Idiomas, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico. He mentors SCORE clients in the areas of business operations, strategy planning, non-profit board relations, and sales, marketing and public relations.
The workshop is open to all Keiser University students, faculty, and staff for free. All students in Fort Myers and Lee and Hendry counties with a school ID and Veterans may attend free. When registering, students should simply enter the discount code STUDENT and Veterans should enter the discount code VETERAN. A valid ID may be required at the door. For more information please contact Karen Durand – Workshop Chair at 239-489-2935 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Southwest Florida SCORE Chapter provides FREE Counseling and Low Cost Workshops to new and existing businesses in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Bonita Springs, Lehigh Acres, Labelle and surrounding areas in Lee and Hendry Counties.